Jan 15, 2009

change of plans

Is defeatedly optimistic a feeling?

I sat down this morning and did my budget for this semester. Due to the semester from hell, my student loans have gone to keeping creditors off my back. That leaves not a lot of money for other things, like groceries.

So basically, I can't actually afford to keep the four-course course load I have planned. So, I am dropping one more course, which leaves me with three. Believe me, I am not thrilled with the idea, but at the same time, it is simply a reality.

With all of the changes in my life since 2004, forth and back with different life goals, I have assumed the responsibilities of a life after education before having an education. My monthly expenses at the moment make it difficult to pay the car payment, pay the VISAs, pay the phone bill, rent, etc. So I just need to scale back my plans.

I am glad that I sat down and figured this out. I refuse to put myself through what I did this past semester. However, I will not give up on my plan. I will just soldier on, and learn new things and experience things I want to do along the way.

Here is to an amended 2009!

3 comments:

Claire 6:48 PM  

Good for you Dave! I'm pretty sure I've felt defeatedly optimistic before too.

The Steadfast Warrior 4:32 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Steadfast Warrior 4:34 PM  

Okay, too many typos last time, let's try this again...

Yes, yes it is a feeling. I've been known to be optimistically realistic before. They're pretty similar.

Plans change often before we've figured out the last one. Hang in there. I know I say that a lot but if anyone can say it from experience, it's me. ;) You'll make it work. We crazy Plan A to Plan C to Plan B people always manage it somehow.

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP