Mar 20, 2009

sadness

I have to learn to stop holding on to hope sometimes. I applied for a job with Harbour Air, had a reference from their Director of Corporate Marketing, an excellent reference from The Gardens, and yet... I didn't get it.

That is the FOURTH job in six months that I haven't been successful in applying for. What am I doing wrong? People say that I am over-qualified for student-level jobs, but that isn't fair. Just cause I am over-qualified doesn't mean I can't do the job. If I remove my over-qualified experience from my resume, then it looks like I haven't worked for five years.

I was really counting on that job, I think more than I was letting myself believe. I hope Starbucks can promote me and cough up more hours for the summer...

It is also in moments like this I want company, but I look around and there is none to be had. So instead of getting this out of my system with a walk and coffee with a friend, I am going to do housework. Alone. Again.

Grump.

2 comments:

Claire 4:32 PM  

That sucks Dave, sorry to hear it. I have a feeling a lot of people are hearing the same thing these days though. At least you're not under-qualified! Something else will come up. Something better.

The Steadfast Warrior 8:25 PM  

Oh Dave I'm so sorry. I agree with Claire. Hopefully the perfect job is just around the corner.

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP