May 28, 2005

This one's for you, Rachel...

Rachel, you wanted an update? Here you go!

So I’ve been bustin’ my buns lately, getting settled in my new place (I’ve been here almost a month, but I still am not quite unpacked). I have been working a lot lately. I wrapped up hosting in the Dining Room, and have been “promoted” to a supervisor in the Gelateria, which opens on Wednesday. I was lucky enough to meet my first new hires today and give them a quick low-down on what’s going on down there. There is still a LOT to do, in order to make sure we are ready for our opening, and we are doing a “soft-opening” on Tuesday in order to make sure that we get everything together. I think that it will be great, once we get the kinks ironed out. No one has even order garbage cans yet! AH!

I got my swell uniform the other day, and man, is it something! Charcoal and white pinstriped short-sleeved shirts, with charcoal pants/shorts, and a black apron. The apron is very small. And I mean small. Like I should have a change purse clipped to the edge of my tray as I deliver beverages to gross old-men at bowling alleys. That’s right, the apron is cocktail waitress length. Doesn’t protect much from much of anything. But it does look pretty sharp. My only beef? The pants and shorts are pleated. Who makes pleats still? I thought they were extinct! But I owe a great big thank you to Rachel, for hemming this poor mans pants for him. May she have luck in finding appropriate jeans for Nick.

The Corporate Rowing Challenge is coming to an end. That’s right, inactive, beer belly (alright, it’s small enough to hide under a normal t-shirt) has been rowing. This is the third year in a row that I have been doing this. I’m rowing in an un-coxed quad this year, which is a bit of a change from the coxed eight I have done the past few years. We had our time-trials for the regatta on Thursday night. We tied with KPMG with a time of 1:26, not too shabby, if I may say so myself! The big Regatta is coming on June 4, at the Gorge Rowing Center. It’s gonna be a blast! Lindsay is coming, and I am looking forward to it a great deal!

Anyways, I’m gonna wrap this up, I have to get back to the movie I am watching. “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes,” with Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russel, one of the best films ever!

Cheers everyone!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP