May 10, 2005

Update

I feel lately that all I ever write about now is my move and all of its difficulties and obstacles, but I do have more happening in my life than just the move.

Last Tuesday, my dad turned 70 years old! So on Saturday, we had a drop-in cake and tea/wine get together, and my mom invited everyone we've ever known. Some I have only heard of in passing conversation, some I have met and then forgotten, and others I was very happy to see again. It was great seeing the people who used to take care of us kids on professional development days when mom and dad where both teaching. They had the best toys!

Mother's Day was a little hectic, but was very nice as well. I worked all day at the Gardens, doing support for their Mother's Day Brunch (which was an absolute success) and then raced back to the house so that I could help make dinner. Liz had it mostly under control once I got there, but dinner took a million years to cook! A 4 pound roast shouldn't take 2.5 hours, and never has before. The scalloped potatoes took 2.5 hours as well! It was like every food and appliance was defying the laws of physics. But dinner was a success, and we wrapped up the evening watching The Simpsons with the parents. They both thought they were pretty funny.

On a related note, Fox has 'uncancelled' The Family Guy, one of the most hilarious shows ever. And the episode on Sunday night was not dissapointing. Good call Fox! I think the world is ready for Family Guy!

After moving, I finally have most of my clothes unpacked, and I am up in Nanaimo right now getting ready to move the last of it down this afternoon in the rental truck. It feels kinda strange to be moving in such a prolonged fashion, but I'll get there eventually. I thought I might have to buy a chest of drawers, but there is one that has been bequeathed to me, so I can save myself a little money there. It just needs sanding and painting at some point in the summer. I'll cross that bridge later.

I am really enjoying living at my new place. Samara and Crystal are both great people, and I am enjoying the positive energy in the house. All I have to do now is finish unpacking and buy a couple of good books, and I'll be set.

They are ripping up the street in front of Liz and Chris' condo up here, and they always start before seven. Have you ever been woken by a chainsaw outside your bedroom window? It ain't pleasant. Speaking of Liz and Chris, they just bought a new townhouse, so no more renting for them! It's good, cause renting is really a waste of money if you can afford to buy. They move at the end of June. I get to help them because Liz is helping me today...

Anyways, now you all know what is going on right now! Lindsay, I haven't forgotten about you, I just have been SUPER busy, as I am sure you understand. I hope you are doing well, and I will try and call you in the next few days.

Cheers!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP