May 1, 2005

The move, it keeps on movin'

So the moving van (a cargo van) was supposed to be $49.95, including 200 kilometers, then $0.25 per kilometer thereafter. I asked the guy “Will the van fit a queen size bed?” His answer was yes. What he didn’t clarify until my sister made the reservation was that it would only do it one piece at a time. Well, I am not making two trips to Victoria in one day! Yikes!

So now I am renting a 15ft. cube van, which is $64.95, including 200 kms, but extra kms are $0.40 each! OUCH! And then there’s gas (about $45 worth), and the fact that we will need to buy insurance for my sister so that she can drive it, as her car insurance won’t transfer over, so there is another $29.95.

And the result is that I will now be moving next week. Oh well.

Darned scheduled paydays!

Friday can’t come soon enough, or maybe Tuesday can’t come soon enough…

:-D_

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP