Jan 23, 2007

academia

To loosely quote Eric, I feel like I am losing my passion for school. I don't know what it is, but with each passing week, my courses become duller and duller. This semester, I am taking four courses: Conversational German, Early Victorian Lit, Copy Editing, and Web Design. I am only enjoying one of those courses. The others just feel like work.

I am disliking German a LOT!! It seems like no matter what I do, I am incapable of succeeding in that course. There is homework due every single day. I hate it! And with Copy Editing, I just don't care, I really have no desire to go an sit in that classroom and listen to a lecture on the construction of adverbial phrases. Several times I have been in WebReg for one reason or another, and it has struck me that with two mouse clicks, that course could be out of my life forever. Really. It would be that simple. Web Design is okay, except that we are moving at a snail's pace. Early Victorian Lit, on the other hand, is amazing! Dr. Surridge is so passionate about her subject. Her lectures are engaging and varied, and really promote discussion and questions from the class. I would definitely take courses from her again.

One of the reasons that I feel so discombobulated lately is that I have an incredible employment opportunity that has come my way, which I applied for. I got shortlisted and interviewed (today, actually), and think that I have a decent shot. I should find out by Friday whether I got the job or not. Monday at the latest. I just kind of want to know, you know? I have so many projects coming up in the next 10 days, but do I need to apply myself to them or not? If I get the job, the answer is no, as I will be dropping those courses. But I need to apply myself in case I don't get the job.

Why is life so complicated some times? lol

But ah well. Life is not so bad! School aside, I feel a little more 'balanced' of late. Maybe Eric has something to do with that? I dunno! And yes, Eric, I know you are reading this too. But I really enjoy spending my time with Eric, and thinking about him, and waiting to talk to him at night, and becoming a clingy, overly-obsessed boyfriend. I just hope I don't scare him off!

On that note, I am going to bed. I have finished reading Wuthering Heights, and now I need to start reading Cranford. Yay!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP