Feb 25, 2007

enough

The trip has ended...

Almost. We are just about finished here in Berlin. And I have to say that I am ready to go home. I am craving my own things. My bed, my pillow, my food... I am kind of tired of having to 'figure out' everything, you know? I got a little bit lost on the transit systems today (Berlin has three different kinds of trains operated by 2 different bodies, but one schedule) and I had a little freak out when I couldn't find a map of the system in the largest station on the network.

But that aside, I have had a good time. We went out to Sansoucci today, which is the Versailles of Germany. It was beautiful, it is this huge park with 5 palaces in it. The park itself was beautiful, but it was kind of cold and windy too. Eric and I went to Potsdamer Platz on the way back for dinner, and ate an Australian bar. I had a burger, but I could have gotten kangaroo meat if I wanted to! Eww!! I couldn't imagine eating a little kangaroo!

It is Sunday night here, we are planning to watch the Oscars tonight (live, which is 2am-6am Berlin time), and then Eric and I have Monday in Berlin before flying out Tuesday afternoon. 1pm flight from Tegel Airport, we will layover in London for 4 hours, and then back in Vancouver at 6ish on Tuesday night. 9pm ferry home, a gracious ride from the ferry courtesy of Simon and Kira, and then off to my own bed.

I'm out for now!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP