Feb 28, 2007

whew...

Well, after bring up for 24 consecutive hours, I am home. I think next time I would plan the flights a little differently. We left Berlin at 1pm (4am PST), then had a layover in London for 3 hours before getting on the flight to Vancouver that left an hour late at 5:45pm GMT (8am PST), then were on the plane until 6:45pm PST when it landed in Vancouver. We had a semi-long wait at passport control, and kind of got grilled a bit (Eric more than me) and then a really long wait for our bags. So we missed the PCL coach from the airport, and we had to take a taxi to the ferry ($$$). Then we caught the 9pm ferry. Simon and Kira met us at the ferry terminal, and we drove Eric home and then I got home, at 12am PST, which is 9am Berlin time, precisely 24 hours after I woke up.

I think I would have a longer connection maybe. Either at least a day in London, or perhaps a connection in Toronto. I know it sounds crazy, who actually asks for connections? I do. I spent far too long on an airplane yesterday.

But I had a great time over there. I saw a lot of sights that we don't have over here, ate some different foods (some of which disagreed with me, but all of which tasted good). I even saw an English-language version of "The Queen" in Berlin. All of our hosts (Hannah in London, Miriam and Tara in Berlin) were very gracious, and full of good sightseeing ideas, as well as some more obscure, not-quite-on-the-map sights, like the East Side Gallery in Berlin.

Anyways, I have more then 700 pictures to look through, so I will have some to post shortly!

and I'm back.

1 comments:

The Steadfast Warrior 6:46 PM  

Welcome home! Can't wait to hear all about it and see those 700 photos. well... maybe not all of them :)

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP