Feb 22, 2007

Ich bin in Berlin!

Hi all,

I am in Berlin now, and have been since Monday night. But internet access here isn't as cheap or frequent as North America, so here I am at Tara's place, finally catching up on email and dropping a note to the bloggers.

I had a good time in London. I really enjoyed spending time with Hannah and Eric while we were there. I will admit though, that I had a little breakdown on Monday. Hannah had gone back to Exeter for class the previous night, and Eric and I were spending our last day together in London. We went out to Madam Tussaud's Wax Museum, but it was too long of a queue, and the admission was £25.00, which is too much.

I wasn't feeling well, kind of nauseous. I went to a chemist and got a drug that I had never heard of, and then got nervous about taking it. So I decided to get some food. I saw a Subway (I know, we can get Subway at home, but it really appealed) and I got lunch. Eric left me there and walked up the street to see where the Sherlock Holmes museum was. I decided that I wanted to talk to Liz, so I called her, and got the answering machine. I left the weirdest message ever, and then hung up. I don't know what did it, but all of a sudden I just had the uncontrollable urge to cry. I kept it back for a little bit, then the floodgates opened. So I had a quiet little cry sitting on Baker Sreet in London, and Eric came back and found me weeping into my sandwich. Well, I had realized that I was a little tired and overwhelmed by the city, and a little bit homesick. But after my little cry, I felt a lot better. My nausea was gone, and I have been enjoying myself since. Even the language barrier in Berlin isn't really bothering me that much.

But I must go. We are going to watch a movie and drink Radlers. It is this gross-sounding drink that it half-beer, half-orange Fanta, but it is freaking delicious! Everybody here drinks them.

We are seeing the sights, and I have tonnes of pictures to show when I get back. I will try and post again before I head back.

Tschuß aus Deutschland!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP