Jan 9, 2005

Snow, snow slush, and.. oh look! More snow!

Man, what a lot of snow!

I went to work on Friday, which was pretty treacherous and I barely made alive. The drive usually takes 20 minutes, and it took me an hour to get there. Once I got there, I punched in. But then I had to go on a hike to the greenhouses to make sure that a display had not been damaged. Of course I didn't wear my snowboots that day. So I discovered that the soles of my shoes were cracked, so I had cold, wet feet all day.

Then the power went out, and we switched to generators. It was like Star Trek; you know, the lights dimmed, some stuff started beeping, and then the lights were on full power. Well, at that point, the snow was coming down pretty hard so my co-workers decided to leave early. Except we couldn't leave. It turns out that the power failure was caused by a tree falling across the road. The only road out of the Gardens. The tree fell on the power line, then the tree caught fire, and the whole ensemble fell on the road. So there we were, 'trapped' and on backup generators. We finally got to leave, but I had to go downtown to pick up my sister, and of course buy new shoes.

I went to work on Saturday, and I had to conduct a fam tour. And the roads were still shitty. And I left early again.

But my feet were dry!

Have a great week everyone!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP