Oct 11, 2004

Things to be thankful for...

There are many things in life to be thankful for: life itself, the sun, the fact that we live in North America, hot and cold running water...

I know this chiefly, as all we have this morning is cold running water. It appears that the boiler for our entire building broke down last night. I would really like to get out of this body and into a clean one, but I cannot take a cold shower. Not only does cold water have an adverse effect on certain parts of the male anatomy, but once I get cold, it takes me a million years to warm up again. And during that time, I am the grouchiest, bitchiest person you have ever met. Really, try me one day, you'll see!

But anyways, I guess I can't complain too much, as at least the cold running water is clean and drinkable, and we have immeasurable electricity with which to heat it should the need arise. The strata management company is sending a plumber this morning, so hopefully it will all be fixed in time to make Thanksgiving dinner!

Tonight is the first-ever Thanksgiving that I haven't been at home for. My roomates and I are making our own turkey (which is under emergency-thaw in the kitchen sink. Seems one of my roomates didn't believe that the bird needed to come out of the freezer when I said it did. My source: chefs, at a World-class restaurant. His source: The lady who checks people's membership cards at the door to Costco. Who would you trust? But that's a whole other story.)

Anyways, first-ever Thanksgiving where Mom isn't making it all. But we have it all planned out: Turkey, sage stuffing, roast garlic mashed new potatoes, green beans, yams, and pumpkin pie with whippied cream for dessert. We also have a couple good bottles of wine. Looking forward to it all, although the prep may be interesting if we don't have hot water to clean up with!

Oh well, no matter where you are, or what you are eating tonight, remember to think of something to be truly thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comments:

tara 5:39 PM  

oh thanksgiving dinner. I hope yours turned out well and you didn't get sick from samonella! no hot water to clean up with, and best of all putting your turkey in the sink! ah well, a thanksgiving with samonella is better than a thanksgiving without anything to be thankful for (namely good food)!

take er easy you up islander!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP