Nov 1, 2004

Intelligent/thick/mature/silly

Sometimes I really question my ability to function in this world. I like to think of myself as a relatively intelligent individual. I am well read, and know a lot of useless information that seems to come in handy more often then I would like to admit. I know that doesn't make any sense, but if you know me well enough, you know what I am talking about.

I seem to a lead a double life, but each life manages to smear some quality of itself into its opposite.

I researched, planned and implemented a project that cost slightly more than a medium-sized house, striving to meet the needs of about 15 different people in a short time frame and under a lot of heat to make sure things ran smoothly. And I was successful. In Victoria, I am a mature, intelligent professional. But my room is a pig-sty.

In Nanaimo, I can't seem to get my homework done. I mean I get it done, but not in calm, cool and collected fashion. Oh no, I have to panic at the last minute. Sure it increases the sense of accomplishment (hey, look at the grade I got, and I wrote it the night before it was due!), but that isn't the intelligent, well-read way to do things. I'm less mature, and less intelligent when I am up here. But my room, it's freaking organized, to the point that I amaze myself. And now that I live up here, what about my room in Victoria, you ask? Still a disorganized mess.

The human brain is a very strange thing. Why can't I be consistent across the board?

Because I am me, in all my glory.

I am Dave, here me roar!

1 comments:

The Steadfast Warrior 10:43 PM  

You are definitely not alone! I am a different person at work than I am at home. At any job I've had, I've been collected and put together. But as my friends know, my personal life is complicated and messy. Let's give it up for the truly confused, somewhat hipocritic, lovely people we all are! Cheers :)

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP