Sep 9, 2004

HBC, NWC, XYC... ABC 123

History! The fundamental facts on which our very country is based on. Colonialism, the Fur Trade, the Timber Trade, the American Revolution, the War of 1812. I had no idea that a person could absorb as much information as I have at my History lecture this morning. The Hudson's Bay Company, the North West Company, the XY Company. And that is just the fur trade!

I must say that the way university teaches a person has got to be the best method I have ever experienced. I mean you read something, make some key notes, and then go to a lecture. It is actually pretty clever. Between reading the text, talking about it in class, making lecture notes, and then working on a research paper, a person ends up handling/processing that information at least 4 times! That is pretty impressive. Almost sneaky. But then again, we are paying to learn, so I aint complaining.

The sun is shining, it's a beautiful day, and I am headed down to Victoria this weekend to work (and see all my friends, which coincidentally are all at work). You are looking at one happy blogger!

Stay tuned for more observations from school in the Hub City!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP