Sep 26, 2004

White walls and smile cookies

So, I spent all day doing very little, but had a very good day doing very little. I tackled my room with vigor, as I am tired of the way it looks, and right now I am focusing on me as a priority.

I live in building that was built in 1992, so it is modern, and white. Everything is white. The walls, the trim, the edges of the window, the window frame, the shelf in the closet, the light switches, etc. I then had to buy furniture for my room (a bookshelf and a nightstand, which Samara will recognize) as I didn't have anything, so I bought white pressboard crap from Walmart, because I can't stand the fake wood grain they give to that pressboard furniture. And then I bought a white lamp for my room, which I should've thought through but didn't. Add to that the fact that the carpet is a revolting colour that the landlord calls "Dusty Rose" (I swear it is original), a person could just about hurl.

So anyways, I went to bed last night and read my book for a little while, then I set my book down on my ugly white nightstand, and there was an echo. I decided to fix that and warm up my space a little. My resolve was further hardened this morning when I woke up with a blinding headache due to the bright sun streaming throught my white blinds, and bouncing off the white walls. I decided to put up a few posters, but I needed tape. The weather was beautiful, so I decided to walk downtown to buy some tape (it is only about a 15 minute walk).

Well, my sister decided to join me on my walk, and and we meandered down the hill, back packs in tow, and window shopped for a little while. Off we went to Thrifty's and picked up some groceries for the week, and hauled them back up the hill. After all of that, I forgot to buy tape!

So here I sit in my white room, wishing that I had remembered to buy tape. However all was made well by a grand reckoning of all my files (which are a mess) and paying bills, and then a thorough organization of my closet. Finally, I finished off the day with a trip to return a video (3 days overdue!), and stopped at Tim Hortons, and ordered a smile cookie.

If any of you are near a Tim Hortons in the next few days, pick one up. They are delicious, and they donate all the profits to Cops for Cancer Tour de Rock.

Anyways, I must remember to buy tape. I think I'll stick a note in my English textbook and grab some at the school tomorrow.

G'Night!

1 comments:

The Steadfast Warrior 9:51 PM  

It's amazing what a smile can do, even if it's only on a cookie!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP