Sep 11, 2004

Music makes the people come together...

Good evening to you all. I'm back in Nanaimo now after two days at my job. It feels very odd to go from full-time in a job to part-time, going to work and seeing your replacement sitting in YOUR desk. Of course it's his desk now, but it WAS mine as recently as 10 days ago. I guess a person could say I am experiencing a strange form of jealousy, but not really jealousy.

I really miss my friends. My social circle was at my job, and I have been pretty much disconnected from it, quite suddenly. I made the decision to go back to school in October of 2003, but I guess the reality of it all is just sinking in now. I only know a handful (literally 5) people up here in Nanaimo, which I am sure will change, but it is a strange city to me full of strange faces. If I want to talk to someone I know, I need to either rendevouz with them on MSN, or else make a long distance phone call, which isn't the same as a heart-to-heart good-times chat in person.

I just heard from a friend that I haven't seen in months though, which was nice. She lives in Vancouver and is at UBC right now, and getting to Vancouver from Nanaimo is a snap (and relatively cheap too!). The other good thing is that I ran into a friend at the school that I grew up with (she lived across the street) and I haven't seen her for a VERY long time, so we are going to hook up again, which is really neat.

I think that it is this weird jealousy/loneliness that got me into the funk I was in when I wrote my last blog. The reality of the unfamiliar has finally sunk in, and increased my sensitivity to the world.

I think I'll have to take my own advice and remember to smile. And if you see a a guy sulking at school tomorrow, give him a wave!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP